Blow moulding: Also known as hollow blow moulding, a rapidly developing method of plastics processing. The softened thermoplastic blanks are inflated to the cooling surface of a closed mould, and the blown blanks solidify to form hollow plastic products, commonly blown plastic products beverage bottles.
Selection of raw materials for blow moulding
We have compiled a list of the most commonly used raw materials for blow moulding.
1. HDPE: High Density Polyethylene, one of the most commonly used materials for blow moulded products. This plastic is suitable for the production of a wide range of products, heavy metals, glass, wrapping paper, coolers, fuel tanks, industrial drums, etc. It is very versatile. It is a translucent material, well stretched, malleable and non-toxic, and is also a safer material.
2. PP: polypropylene is also a more commonly used resin, suitable for high temperatures, its texture and HDPE are translucent, high hardness, low density, also has certain advantages, commonly used in medical equipment, chemical containers, pharmaceuticals, etc.
3. PET: polyethylene terephthalate, the more common resin in life, has very good physical and mechanical properties, suitable for a variety of bottles, such as Coke bottles, etc., but also as electrical parts, etc., the colour is mostly milky white or light yellow, smooth surface gloss.
4. LDPE: High pressure low density polyethylene, the lightest variety of polyethylene resin. It has good transparency and softness. Commonly used in clothing, food seasoning, etc,the most commonly used is blow -moulded plastic bag film
Blow moulding process principle.
Blow moulding process methods
Depending on the process, blow moulding is divided into two types: extrusion blow moulding and injection blow moulding.
1. Extrusion blow moulding: the resin is softened by an extruder, extruded into a tubular shape, placed in a blow mould, inflated by compressed air and then cooled to obtain a hollow product identical to the mould.
2.Injection blow moulding: by injection moulding machine, the material is injected into the mould to obtain a tubular blast, after opening the mould, the blast is placed in the core mould, the mould is closed while it is hot, and compressed air is introduced to make the blast expand and pass through the cavity of the mould to obtain a hollow product identical to the mould.
How to find a reliable supply manufacturer
What makes a good supplier?
Production capacityIt is important to find suppliers who can actually manufacture the desired product. Generally, the only reliable way to verify a supplier’s actual production capacity is to visit the supplier in person or through a third party agent, and quality suppliers will usually allow this to be done by visiting or auditing their factories.
We can find out about suppliers by verifying the following:
Raw material and finished goods inventory incoming quality control, process quality control and pre-shipment quality control procedures research and development capabilities (this is important if the business plans to develop new products) maintenance and calibration certification or licensing of machinery and equipment (e.g. business licences, import/export permits) etc
Sourcing suppliers is one of the most difficult and stressful tasks in procurement and the above features will help you to select the best quality supplier for your business needs.